Based in Stuttgart, Germany
9th February, 2019
Our concept is simple: Saving Mikey is a chooseable-path adventure game built on plain text messages from a young boy, who went missing in an infected area after "Lyssa", a very dangerous rabies-like virus started to spread silently. You have to help him survive and reach the safe zone by telling him what to do when he faces different situations and threats during his journey. We mixed the classic „road trip in an apocalyptic world” genre with our all-time favourites: the interactive Fighting Fantasy books from the 80's.
We started the work on Saving Mikey in 2018. From the beginning we thought we need a little boy as a protagonist who really need the help of the player to survive. Peter started the prototype of the story in Twine and after a quick export, he spent months to create the story in details, and write the final text, also he created the app design in multiple iterations. The illustrations in the game were painted by one of our friends.
- Long story with multiple possible routes to discover
- Map to check where Mikey is at the moment
- Live mode allows the player to play like the events are happening in real time (default)
- Fast mode allows the player to play without waiting minutes/hours to have an answer from Mikey
- Checkpoint system is implemented to have a good backup position in case something happens with the protagonist (actively used feature according to player feedbacks :))
- The player gets notifications in case Mikey got something to say after some idle/waiting time
Logo & Icon
Release Blog Post
Announcement post on Facebook https:.
Top Games to Checkout in August 2020
Available at https:.
Article on Saving Mikey on SmartMobileGames.hu
Saving Mikey – Magyar feliratot kapott ez a szöveg központú kalandjáték https:.
About Uplezz Games
We're a small team from the hearth of Europe, aiming to create games which we like, which makes the player think before act.
More information on Uplezz Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Saving Mikey Credits